Division Chief Jerry Avorn, MD; Sebastian Schneeweiss MD, ScD; and Dan Solomon, MD, MPH joined Brigham and Women’s Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) working group this week. Patient-centered outcomes research works to identify and encourage best practices in disease treatment through comparative effectiveness research and by providing evidence-based information to patients and clinicians.
Faculty Web Pages
- Dr. Mike Fralick discusses a recent Big Data study on The Rounds Table
- Ameet Sarpatwari discusses the misuse of drug distribution schemes to forestall generic competition in the New York Times, AP, and Chemical and Engineering News
- NEJM Catalyst Free Live Web Event: Niteesh Choudhry to present, lead discussion, and share perspectives on quality and health care improvements through patient engagement
- Thomson Reuters: Avorn, Glynn, and Schneeweiss named to 2015 Highly Cited Researcher list
- Digital Health Solutions: Boston Globe interviews Niteesh Choudhry on the development, evaluation, and use of smartphone apps and wearables to improve medication adherence
- Social Media and Drug Advertising: Dr. Aaron Kesselheim co-authors an editorial in The Atlantic about the FDA’s effort to regulate drug advertisements on social media