Steven Brunelli, MD, MSCE, and colleagues from Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital were featured in the New York times for their latest research, published in the January 23rd, 2012 issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine. They investigated the link between iodide contrast agents, commonly used in CT scans, and an increased risk of thyroid disease.
Faculty Web Pages
- Rishi Desai’s study of opioid use in pregnancy covered The Week, Health Day, and The New York Times
- Jerry Avorn speaks with WSJ about FDA’s consideration of two new antibiotics
- Aaron Kesselheim talks to the Boston Herald about the role of patients and advocacy groups in FDA new drug approval
- Aaron Kesselheim talks with The New York Times about device manufacturers
- Michael Fischer discusses the differences between generic and brand-name medications
- Aaron Kesselheim discusses the reduction in pharmaceutical company payments to health professionals
- No public Twitter messages.