Steven Brunelli, MD, MSCE, and colleagues from Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital were featured in the New York times for their latest research, published in the January 23rd, 2012 issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine. They investigated the link between iodide contrast agents, commonly used in CT scans, and an increased risk of thyroid disease.
Faculty Web Pages
- Digital Health Solutions: Boston Globe interviews Niteesh Choudhry on the development, evaluation, and use of smartphone apps and wearables to improve medication adherence
- Social Media and Drug Advertising: Dr. Aaron Kesselheim co-authors an editorial in The Atlantic about the FDA’s effort to regulate drug advertisements on social media
- PORTAL’s Ameet Sarpatwari and Aaron Kesselheim file an Amicus Brief for a Supreme Court case on all-payer claims databases
- Follow-on Biologics: Dr. Aaron Kesselheim discusses regulation challenges as biosimilars come to market with NEJM
- Depression Treatment During Pregnancy: Krista Huybrechts discusses her research with The Wall Street Journal, Time, CBS, Boston Herald, Boston Magazine, and Web MD
- 21st Century Cures Act: Ameet Sarpatwari discusses proposed changes to FDA policies with Modern Healthcare