Brigham & Women’s Hospital
Department of Medicine
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology & Pharmacoeconomics
1620 Tremont Street, Suite 3030,
Boston, MA 02120
Phone: 617-278-0930 | Fax: 617-232-8602
Peter M. Wahl, MLA, MS is a Research Trainee in the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School. He is currently pursuing a doctoral degree in the Department of Epidemiology at the Harvard School of Public Health, with a concentration in Pharmacoepidemiology. His research interests include comparative effectiveness/safety, linkage of EMR/registry/administrative claims data and assimilation of free text data for confounding adjustment, and methods for missing data.
Mr. Wahl earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Cornell University, a Masters of Liberal Arts from the University of Pennsylvania, and a Masters of Science in Biostatistics from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He previously held management and research positions in academic and commercial research entities utilizing clinical/EMR, hospital administrative, public (SEER, CMS), registry, and administrative claims data.
Selected Publications | Current PubMed Search Results
- Velentgas P, Amato AA, Bohn RL, Arnold Chan K, Cochrane T, Funch DP, Dashevsky I, Duddy AL, Gladowski P, Greenberg SA, Kramer JM, McMahill-Walraven C, Nakasato C, Spettell CM, Syat BL, Wahl PM, Walker AM, Zhang F, Brown JS, Platt RRisk of Guillain-Barré syndrome after meningococcal conjugate vaccination. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2012;Jul 16. doi: 10.1002/pds.3321. [Epub ahead of print].
- Wahl PM, Bohn RL, Terrell DR, George JN, Ewenstein B. Healthcare utilization of patients diagnosed with idiopathic thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in a commercially insured population in the United States. Transfusion (J Blood Services Management) 2012;52(7, part 2): 1614-1621.
- Wahl PM, Gagne JJ, Wasser TE, Eisenberg DF, Rodgers JK, Daniel GW, Wilson M, Schneeweiss S, Rassen JA, Patrick AR, Avorn J, Bohn RL. Early steps in the development of a claims-based targeted healthcare safety monitoring system and application to three empirical examples. Drug Saf 2012;35(5):407-16.
- Yih WK, Lee GM, Lieu TA, Ball R, Kulldorff M, Rett M, Wahl PM, McMahill-Walraven CN, Platt R, Salmon DA. Surveillance for Adverse Events Following Receipt of Pandemic 2009 H1N1 Vaccine in the Post-Licensure Rapid Immunization Safety Monitoring (PRISM) System, 2009-2010. Am J Epidemiol 2012;175(11):1120-8.
- Munson JC, Wahl PM, Daniel G, Kimmel SE, Hennessy S. Factors associated with the initiation of proton pump inhibitors in corticosteroid users. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2012; 21(4):366-74.
- Patorno E, Bohn RL, Wahl PM, Avorn J, Patrick AR, Liu J, Schneeweiss S. Anticonvulsant medications and the risk of suicide, attempted suicide, or violent death. JAMA 2010; 303(14):1401-9.
- Wahl PM, Terrell DR, George JN, Rodgers JK, Uhl L, Cataland S, Bohn RL. Validation of claims-based diagnostic codes for idiopathic thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in a commercially-insured population. Thromb Haemost 2010; 103(6):1203-9.
- Wahl PM, Rodgers K, Schneeweiss S, Gage BF, Butler J, Wilmer C, Nash M, Esper G, Gitlin N, Osborn N, Short LJ, Bohn RL. Validation of claims-based diagnostic and procedure codes for cardiovascular and gastrointestinal serious adverse events in a commercially-insured population. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2010; 19(6):596-603.
- Short L, Fisher M, Wahl PM, Kelly M, Lawless G, White S, Rodriguez N, Willey V, Brawley O. Disparities in medical care among commercially insured patients with newly-diagnosed breast cancer: opportunities for intervention. Cancer 2010; 116(1):193-202.
- Esposito D, Wahl PM, Daniel G, Stoto MA, Erder MH, Croghan TW. Results of a Retrospective Claims Database Analysis of Differences in Antidepressant Treatment Persistence Associated with Escitalopram and Other Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors in the United States. Clin Therapeutics. 2009;31(3):644-56.
- Barron J, Wahl PM, Fisher M, Plauschinat Craig. Effect of Prescription Copay on Treatment Failure with Oral Antidiabetic Medications. J Pharmacy and Therapeutics 2008; 33(9): 532-53.
- Bloom BS, Jayadevappa R, Wahl PM, Cacciamani J. Time Trends in Cost of Caring for People with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Am J Gastroent 2001; 96(8) [Suppl]:S64-9.
- Roberts JR, Bavaria JE, Wahl PM, Wurster A, Friedberg JS, Kaiser LR. Comparison of Open and Thoracoscopic Bilateral Volume Reduction Surgery: Complications Analysis. Ann Thorac Surg 1998;66(5):1759-65.
- Bavaria JE, Woo J, Hall A, Wahl PM, Acker M, Gardner TJ. Circulation Management with Retrograde Cerebral Perfusion for Acute Type A Aortic Dissection. Circulation 1996; 94[Suppl II]:II-173-II-176.