Brigham & Women’s Hospital
Department of Medicine
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology & Pharmacoeconomics
1620 Tremont Street, Suite 3030
Boston, MA 02120
Phone: 617-278-0670 | Fax: 617-232-8602
Chandrasekar Gopalakrishnan, MD, MPH, CPH is a Research Specialist in the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital. After graduating with his medical degree from Sri Ramachandra University, Dr. Gopalakrishnan received his MPH from the Boston University School of Public Health, where he concentrated in Epidemiology.
Dr. Gopalakrishnan has worked extensively with faculty members in the division on observational studies assessing comparative safety and effectiveness of newly marketed medications, identifying predictors of medication adherence in claims and electronic health record data and the design and conduct of pragmatic randomized trials. He is also involved in methods development work assessing the impact of unmeasured confounding in studies using claims data, and using quantitative bias analysis to enhance the design of validation studies.
- Choudhry NK, Isaac T, Lauffenburger JC, Gopalakrishnan C, Khan NF, Lee M, Vachon A, Iliadis TL, Hollands W, Doheny S, Elman S, Kraft JM, Naseem S, Gagne JJ, Jackevicius CA, Fischer MA, Solomon DH, Sequist TD. Rationale and design of the Study of a Tele-pharmacy Intervention for Chronic diseases to Improve Treatment adherence (STIC2IT): A cluster-randomized pragmatic trial. Am Heart J. 2016; 180: 90-97.
- Li L, Jick SS, Gopalakrishnan C, Heide-Jørgensen U, Nørrelund H, Sørensen HT, Christiansen CF, Ehrenstein V. Metformin use and risk of lactic acidosis in people with diabetes with and without renal impairment: a cohort study in Denmark and the UK. Diabetic Med. August 2016.
- Patorno E, Everett BM, Goldfine AB, Glynn RJ, Liu J, Gopalakrishnan C, Kim SC. Comparative Cardiovascular Safety of Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Receptor Agonists versus Other Antidiabetic Drugs in Routine Care: a Cohort Study. Diabetes Obes Metab. March 2016.
- Desai RJ, Thaler KJ, Mahlknecht P, Gartlehner G, McDonagh MS, Mesgarpour B, Mazinanian A, Glechner A, Gopalakrishnan C, Hansen RA. Comparative risk of harm associated with the use of targeted immunomodulators- A systematic review. Arthritis Care Res. December 2015.
- Desai RJ, Huybrechts KF, Bateman BT, Hernandez-Diaz S, Mogun H, Gopalakrishnan C, Patorno E, Kim SC. Brief Report: Patterns and Secular Trends in Use of Immunomodulatory Agents During Pregnancy in Women With Rheumatic Conditions. Arthritis Rheumatol Hoboken NJ. 2016; 68(5): 1183-1189.
- Huybrechts KF, Bateman BT, Palmsten K, Desai RJ, Patorno E, Gopalakrishnan C, Levin R, Mogun H, Hernandez-Diaz S. Antidepressant use late in pregnancy and risk of persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn. JAMA. 2015 Jun 2; 313(21):2142-51.
- Gopalakrishnan C, Schneeweiss S, Seeger JD, Liu J, Patorno E. Augmentation patterns amongst metformin initiators with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). 32nd International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology (ICPE), Dublin, Ireland.
- Huybrechts KF, Bartels DB, Gopalakrishnan C, Seeger JD, Zint K, Bykov K, Schneeweiss S. Safety and Effectiveness of Dabigatran relative to Warfarin in routine clinical practice –Interim results of a long-term study program. 32nd International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology (ICPE), Dublin, Ireland.
- Gopalakrishnan C, Patorno E, Zorina OI, Schneeweiss S, Bartels DB, Liu J, Seeger JD. Channeling of linagliptin to patients with renal or hepatic impairment. 31st International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology (ICPE), Boston, MA.
- Gopalakrishnan C, Huybrechts KF, Shash D, Zint K, Seeger JD, Bartels DB, Landon J, Bykov K, Schneeweiss S. Characteristics of patients initiating oral anticoagulants in routine care. 31st International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology (ICPE), Boston, MA.