Brigham & Women’s Hospital
Department of Medicine
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology & Pharmacoeconomics
1620 Tremont Street, Suite 3030,
Boston, MA 02120
Phone: 617-278-0930 | Fax: 617-232-8602
Amanda R. Patrick, M.S., is a research specialist at the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics at the Brigham & Women’s Hospital. She holds a master’s degree from the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Harvard School of Public Health, where she focused on decision science and completed an internship at the Harvard Center for Risk Analysis. Ms. Patrick has additional experience in pharmacoeconomics consulting and plans to pursue a doctoral degree in Pharmacoepidemiology. Her interests include cost-effectiveness analysis, risk-benefit analysis, and approaches for controlling confounding in non-experimental studies of drug safety and effectiveness. She is currently involved in a study of the safety of medications used to treat ADHD, an evaluation of the cost-effectiveness of improving osteoporosis medication adherence, and work on the incorporation of risk-benefit tradeoffs into prospective drug safety monitoring systems.
Selected Publications | Current PubMed Search Results
- Patrick AR, Miller M, Barber CW, Wang PS, Canning CF, Schneeweiss S. Identification of Hospitalizations for Intentional Self-Harm when E-Codes are Incompletely Recorded. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety, in press.
- Patrick AR , Brookhart MA, Losina E, Schousboe JT, Cadarette SM, Mogun H, Solomon DH. The complex relation between bisphosphonate adherence and fracture reduction. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Jul;95(7):3251-9. Epub 2010 May 5.
- Schneeweiss S, Patrick AR, Solomon DH, Dormuth C, Miller M, Metha J, Lee J, Wang PS. Comparative safety of antidepressant agents in children and adolescents regarding suicide attempts and suicides. Pediatrics. 2010 May;125(5):876-88.
- Patrick AR, Avorn J, Choudhry NK. Cost-effectiveness of genotype-guided warfarin dosing for patients with atrial fibrillation. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2009;2:429-436.
- Schneeweiss S, Patrick AR, Solomon DH, Metha J, Dormuth C, Miller M, Lee J, Wang PS. Variation in the risk of suicide attempts and completed suicides by antidepressant agent in adults: A propensity score-adjusted analysis of 9 years of data. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010 May;67(5):497-506.
- Dormuth CR, Patrick AR, Shrank WH, Wright JM, Glynn RJ, Sutherland J, Brookhart MA. Statin adherence and risk of accidents: a cautionary tale. Circulation. 2009 Apr 21;119(15):2051-7.
- Schneeweiss S, Patrick AR, Pedan A, Varasteh L, Levin R, Liu N, Shrank WH. The effect of Medicare Part D coverage on drug use and cost sharing among seniors without prior drug benefits. Health Aff (Millwood). 2009 Mar-Apr;28(2):w305-16. Epub 2009 Feb 3.
- Shrank WH, Patrick AR, Pedan A, Polinski JM, Varasteh L, Levin R, Liu, Schneeweiss S. The effect of transitioning to Medicare Part D drug coverage in seniors dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2008 Dec;56(12):2304-10.
- Schneeweiss S, Patrick AR, Stürmer T, Brookhart MA, Avorn J, Maclure M, Rothman KJ, Glynn RJ. Increasing levels of restriction in pharmacoepidemiologic database studies of elderly and comparison with randomized trial results. Med Care. 2007 Oct;45(10 Supl 2):S131-42.
- Schneeweiss S, Patrick AR, Maclure M, Dormuth CR, Glynn RJ. Adherence to beta-blocker therapy under drug cost-sharing in patients with and without acute myocardial infarction. Am J Manag Care. 2007 Aug;13(8):445-52.
- Brookhart MA, Patrick AR, Dormuth C, Avorn J, Shrank W, Cadarette SM, Solomon DH. Adherence to lipid-lowering therapy and the use of preventive health services: an investigation of the healthy user effect. Am J Epidemiol. 2007 Aug 1;166(3):348-54
- Brookhart MA, Patrick AR, Schneeweiss S, Avorn J, Dormuth CR, Shrank WS, van Wijk BLG, Cadarette SM, Canning CF, Solomon DH. Physician follow-up and provider continuity are associated with long-term medication adherence: a study of the dynamics of statin use. Arch Intern Med. 2007 Apr 23;167(8):847-52.
- Schneeweiss S, Patrick AR, Maclure M, Dormuth CR, Glynn RJ. Adherence to statin therapy under drug cost-sharing in patients with and without acute MI: A population-based natural experiment. Circulation. 2007 Apr 24;115(16):2128-35.
- Wang PS, Patrick A, Avorn J, Azocar F, Ludman E, McCulloch J, Simon G, Kessler R. The costs and benefits of enhanced depression care to employers. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2006 Dec;63(12):1345-53.